Our intellectual property practice involves trademark and copyright matters, including registration and counseling, licensing and technology transfers, computer law, regulatory matters and infringement, trade secrets and unfair competition litigation. We advise our clients on the adoption, use, policing and registration of trademarks and the protection of designs, properties, information, and computer programs under copyright, and trade secret law. The firm also represents clients in all facets of the entertainment industry.
Representative services include:
- Drafting and negotiating sales, acquisitions and license agreements in connection with copyrights, trademarks and trade secrets, including, for example, graphic designs, consumer products, textile and apparel designs, technology, computer software, toys, characters, fashion, music, television, movie and other entertainment rights
- Representing designers and other creators and owners of intellectual property in all phases of their business operations
- Representing clients before the United States Patent and Trademark Office and the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board
- Representing clients in copyright, trademark, patent infringement actions and in litigation alleging unfair competition or theft of trade secrets
- Negotiating and drafting various television, movie, music, publishing and other entertainment industry contracts.